HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Going to mix Star Trek: TOS with hip-hop, hopefully for great lulz. Leave your political-correctness at the door, thanks.

This one is finished:

That's to give you an idea of what I'm going for in this series.

I am mostly looking for suggestions on what to do to the rest of the crew, but other C&C is welcome.

Last edited by Nihilist on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti

Location: One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:46 pm

KIRK NEEDS A PIMP HAT, YO.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
VileCorp's Muscly Woman-slave
VileCorp's Muscly Woman-slave

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:11 pm

McCoy's a dizzoctor, not no wanna-be, yo.

(I died a little, typing that. But I think you get the idea. He's REAL.)
Back to top Go down
Q
Drive-by Camwhore
Drive-by Camwhore

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 pm

My, this place looks oddly familiar.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 pm

As I remember J.G Hertzler doing a fairly good Hip Hop number in Klingon, during a U.K convention a couple of years ago, that I attended, Kirk could have competition from Koloth & Kang, music wise...
As for other crew members, Scotty's probably either forever repairing and/or trying to improve Kirk's Decks/Mixers etc.
Uhura's probably the roadie, who has to haggle with the venue promoter most of the time.
Chekov, & the rest of the Redshirts is running Venue Security for the group...
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:22 pm

My god, that took forever. But it makes me laugh, so all is good.

Red background is better.

Last edited by Nihilist on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:18 pm

OMG, I love it!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Oh man I love the pimp cane! Shame it couldn't fit in your cropped avatar version.
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:19 am

That is disgusting. You are a disgrace to humanity for drawing such smut!
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:50 am

I vote for one of Scotty in a pimped out spaceship. With rims and a spoiler and shit.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:08 am

Waffles wrote:
That is disgusting. You are a disgrace to humanity for drawing such smut!

Are you still here?
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Narwhal wrote:
I vote for one of Scotty in a pimped out spaceship. With rims and a spoiler and shit.

Problem: The Enterprise is fucking huge, there's no way to depict both at the same time with the style I'm going for. I can do a separate one just featuring a pimped-out Enterprise though.

I'm working on Scotty right now but I have crap coming due left and right so I really haven't done much besides schoolwork. But here are the ideas I have so far:

Sulu either standing next to or ridin' low in a '64 Impala (that's fabulously painted, of course). Could put some others in the back seat smoking weed or drinking or just generally dicking around. Still in the air as to who.
Uhura walking tribbles like Chihuahuas, talking on the communicator like it's a cell phone.
Chekov eating Kentucky Fried Chicken and explaining the "K" isn't for "Kentucky", but for "Kremlin". KFC came from Russia, you know.
McCoy showing his doctor bling. Because damn it, he's a doctor.

A Gorn in the Mexican Wrestling circuit, going up against a famous luchador.
Klingons sitting on a couch/bridge of a Klingon Bird of Prey/whatever drinking beer and hamming it up, drunk as hell.
Khan cooking up Ceti Eels a la Emeril or Rachel Ray
Khan serving up the Eels to terrified Chekov. It's a dish best served cold. Wink
Something about that monster that has testicles on its knees. Hahaha.
Spock high off LSD in his robes, yo, on the back of an old Ford Pickup, hallucinating about whales with the punk kid on the bus.

Data shining Picard's head with a car buffer.
Geordi reading to a group of small kids, the book has a rainbow on it and the kids are just enthralled.
Data holding his arms out to Lore as if to say "MY DICK IS THIS BIG!" then Lore holds his hands out wider.

(Reboot)
Sulu and Chekov eating at a White Castle, smoking weed.

And uh, bubblegum-pop DS9.
Shit, I'm at the point of no return and I'd better see some improvement by the end of all this.

Come on, toss ideas at me, some are bound to stick!
And don't be afraid to tell me that they're all shit, hell I live off of vitriol. And I'm going to also be drawing Turkish Star Wars stuff just because.

Last edited by Nihilist on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Nurse Chapel as a Walmart shopper/Britney Spears during her KFed-phase?
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Oh my god, please submit the Spock one to Cafepress.

Please.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:31 am

I have a Cafepress account, but I don't know what you want it on...
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Future Artwork
Scotty with a pimped out Galileo -7 type Shuttlecraft...?
As for Chekov, & the KFC situation, "real" K.F.C comes from Kalinigrad (it's a town in the Russian Federation), & it's U.S "knockoff" does'nt taste the same, due to the "knockoff" is not fried in Diesel Oil/Whale Blubber (Delete as Applicable) unlike the real thing...
Mind you, I suspect that Chekov would find Khan's attempt at a British "Pie & Mash" fast food franchise, not very good, due to the fact that the "Ceti Eels" are supposed to be "served cold", but they're supposed to be Jellied, not alive...
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Grimley Fieendish wrote:

Mind you, I suspect that Chekov would find Khan's attempt at a British "Pie & Mash" fast food franchise, not very good, due to the fact that the "Ceti Eels" are supposed to be "served cold", but they're supposed to be Jellied, not alive...

Well, it could be an ice cream street vendor, or something like a Dairy Queen, Coldstone, Baskin Robbins, etc. He can be putting the Ceti Eels in waffle cones, now that you mention it, just because that would give the impression that they're like ice cream- best served cold. Don't like his creations? He'll fucking stuff them in your ears. :D

I really like that Galileo Seven idea- now to figure out how to make it into a lowrider. Angled backwards with spinnaz?
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Lolz, I fail at being observant.

On topic though: I love the Spock on to death, but he seems a little under dressed without gold chains and a backwards baseball cap. And maybe some rings.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
Lolz, I fail at being observant.

On topic though: I love the Spock on to death, but he seems a little under dressed without gold chains and a backwards baseball cap. And maybe some rings.
I like it better without, to be completely honest.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:22 am

You should do Picard & Data/Crusher/Riker doing the "I'm King of the world" thing right over 10-Forward.
Also, some other music styles that would be Lulzy crossed with Star Trek: Country, Rock, metal, Techno.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:33 am

Okay, another one done.

Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:51 am

ahahahahahaha, oh dear god. Nihilist. I love you. I didn't know about the Scotty one yet XD It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:13 am

...is it just me, or does his left arm look a bit off? Too skinny, or at the wrong angle, or something.

Regardless, the rest is fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Snoof wrote:
...is it just me, or does his left arm look a bit off? Too skinny, or at the wrong angle, or something.

Regardless, the rest is fun. Smile

I actually picked the pose up from a Grandmaster Flash album cover. I think it's the perspective one can only get by using a wide-angle lens. I was trying to convey depth, but I had trouble with the console so maybe it didn't work out quite as well as I hoped. But thanks, there's another in the works. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.   Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Yeah, your perspective looks a little wonky in this latest one. I can redline it for you when I get home, if you like.
Back to top Go down

Straight Outta Vulcan- Nihilist's all-purpose art thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next